[mythtv-users] Cleaning up /var/lib/mythtv

Ron Pool amp1ron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:35:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:41:50 -0800, Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 17 shows recorded (acording to MythTV), but I have 26 nuv files
> in /var/lib/mythtv. It seems there's a few files in there that MythTV
> has forgotten about. Is there an automated tool to clean this
> directory up? That is to say, remove all the files that aren't known
> to MythTV.
>
> Please cc me in your reply. Thanks,
> Shaun

I don't know of a tool to do that, but what I've done in the past is
delete the .png
files from the recordings directory, then go back into mythfrontend and arrow
down through all of the know recordings.  That recreates a new .png file for
each known recording.  I then deleted all of the .nuv files that didn't have a
corresponding .png file.  By the way, I did this with mythfrontend set up to
have the browser show a frame from the start of the movie, not a clip.

--
Ron Pool <amp1ron at gmail.com>