[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 25 14:35:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 12:53:00PM +0100, Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Lane Schwartz "dowobeha at gmail.com" wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:00:45 -0500, Mark L. Cukier <mark at pemicro.com> wrote:
> >> You should check out:
> >>
> >> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#intro
>
> Quote: "... ATrpms kernels, which are now patched with the latest i2c
> support."
>
> Please use standard kernels. I will for sure ignore any further bug
> reports related to FC patched kernels.

This is only true for old 2.4 based kernels and even there one has the
choice to use lirc modules for vendor and for ATrpms kernels.

For bug reports to lirc, I suggest to make sure you can reproduce the
problem with vendor kernels and kernel modules built for these (please
quote explicitely the distribution and kernel version used).

Thanks.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net