[mythtv-users] Elaborate infrared setups ???

David Lyons djlyons1 at cox.net
Thu Nov 25 02:51:31 UTC 2004

I don't know much about the X-10 stuff either, however I am able to
control all of my A/V equipment (including mythtv) using an Radio Shack
RF command center (15-2117) from a different room.

It is a universal remote that "blasts" RF energy (not line of site) to
the command center that turns it into an IR beam (line of site) which is
then received by my equipment.

I followed Jarod's guide to set up remote to control my PVR-250. His
instructions use the 15-2116 remote (I think).