[mythtv-users] mythvideo Internal player has no audio

Grant Kwok blumpy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 01:36:50 UTC 2004

Hello,

I posted this on the list a while back but there was no response so
I'm trying again.  =)

I recently discovered that I can choose to use the internal player by
specifying "Internal" instead of using mplayer.  When I use the
Internal player the video is way smoother than when using mplayer
because I'm using a 350 for output.  I would love to be able to use
the internal player and start building a mythvideo library with my
favourite dvd's.

The only catch is when I choose to use the internal player, there is
no sound.  Sound works fine when playing the exact same file with
mplayer so it seems that the audio is being encoded into the file when
I do the import from dvd and as well audio works fine when when
watching live tv and recorded shows... it's soooo close, ideas anyone?

I'm using a CVS snapshot from early this month.

Thanks.