[mythtv-users] Xbox reading CD-R vs. DVD-R (was:Converting a TiVO Series 2 to a Myth Box?)

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Wed Nov 24 19:29:21 UTC 2004

Really?!?!?!?!?!!!

I wasn't even following the TiVO thread. I only read your post by accident.

Last Sunday I started the procedure to soft-mod my Xbox, using the same method
you're using.

I ran into trouble when I tried to boot off the Xebian Live *CD-R* that I burned
from the .ISO

First I was tried 1.1.0, then I went and dug through sourceforge and found
1.0.3.

Both versions fail at the same point. They start to boot, then lock up with just
two lines of text at the top of the screen. (Top line partially obscured, second
line mentioning the GPL license.)

I've been reading the forums over at Xbox-scene & bit.blkbk and was trying to
figure out exactly where & what to ask. My intention was to post the question
tonight, and here you go and answer before I even ask :)

[elvis]ThankYouVerryMuch[/elvis]

I'll let y'all know how it goes...

Paul