[mythtv-users] Newbie needs help finding IVTVCTL for PVR-350

DStumpfElm at aol.com DStumpfElm at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 18:47:21 UTC 2004

(sorry about prior post - here it is again with hard
returns.  also -- I am using fc2 and the ivtv install
process that Jarod recommended.)

Hello all-

I've been running Mythtv for a few months after
following it for a few years.  I am a complete linux
newbie and although I have spent literally hundreds of
hours working on this and googling, I still have
problems with basic linux things like finding and
running programs.

I am running a PVR-350 but using an Nvidia TV-Out
because it was simpler.  I would like to be able to
migrate to the PVR-350's TV- Out, and also try to get
the S-Video in working so I can capture my home movies.
The threads I have found refer to ivtvctl to control
the PVR-350, but I cannot find that program on my
system, and I can not figure out how to get it.

I have successfully loaded ivtv and the box is working.
I used Jarod's instructions and found them great but
did have to supplement the information with several
other searches to understand what was going on at
times.

Should ivtvctl have been installed with the normal ivtv
install? Yesterday I ran 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get
upgrade' using at-stable in my 'sources.list' so I seem
to have the latest stuff. I ran 'find ivtv*' and only
found the ivtv stuff.

one other point -- I have only rca-in jacks on my TV,
along with Coax.  I am running my analog cable into the
coax, and using the rca-inputs for my Mythtv output.
That way I can toggle between mythtv and cable as I
debug, install, etc.  The problem is the PVR-350 color
does not seem as saturated as the coax input.  Does
anyone know if that is a PVR-350 saturation adjustment
or degradation due to use of the rca jacks?  That is
one of the things I was hoping to diagnose with
ivtvctl.

Thanks for any pointers or help offered -- dave