[mythtv-users] firewire

Robert J. Adams radams at siscom.net
Wed Nov 24 03:38:15 UTC 2004

Hello, I've been using myth for a little over a year now and wanted to
say thanks to everyone that has contributed! The system is superb in
every way.

Recently I upgraded to HD DirecTV and would like to get this working
with myth. I found a mod at www.169time.com that will enable a
firewire/1394 port out the back of my dtv receiver. It appears linux
supports video over firewire, but it doesn't look like myth has support.
Since the FCC now requires cable to offer a firewire port I think you'll
see a lot of people going the route in the near future.

What would be needed to get this working? I'm willing to provide access
to hardware if anyone has  time to look into it. I'll buy all the
beer/pizza needed. ;)

-jason