[mythtv-users] Re: Unichrome support at ATrpms (was: How well does Unichrome work?)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 23 22:12:23 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 09:26, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:42:07AM -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> > I was actually thinking about that last night...  While I can't host
> > RPMs myself if I build them (not enough bandwidth on my hosting
> > account), I could certainly assist in building them for you (if I
> > have a normal MythTV spec file, and once I read up on packaging
> > RPMs).
>
> I would place them on ATrpms, of course :)

I've already got spec files (mostly) ready to go. :-)

> > One thing that I haven't tried yet is a cross-compile (i.e. compile
> > the code on a more powerful machine, like an Athlon XP or Pentium 4,
> > and then try to run it on the Epia) - if that works, it would give
> > me a faster build platform (building on a 1GHz Epia is slow! - and
> > can't be done while watching recordings, unlike on a faster
> > machine).
>
> For the Nehemiah use -march=i686 -msse -mmmx -mfpmath=sse

This is a bit of an issue... There are different variants of the EPIA boards
floating around, some of which are busted and requires i586. Grr... But yeah,
building on another machine isn't a big deal.

> > then I'll see if I can find the spec files on ATrpms, and perhaps
> > package it up.
>
> Great! Specfiles are right next to the packages at
> http://ATrpms.net/name/<foo>/.

I can probably dig mine out later tonight.

> I suggest further communication on either mythtv-dev, atrpms-devel, or
> in private.

cc'ing atrpms-devel

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE