[mythtv-users] Browsing Program Guide is Slow in CVS

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Nov 23 20:44:02 UTC 2004

Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
> Thanks, this sure seems to be my problem .
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels is empty.  And I know they were there
> before I upgraded.   I re-ran
>
> $ mkiconmap.pl
> $ mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
>
> That's all the docs say to do, but the directory is still empty.  What's
> supposed to grab the .jpg's?  Did I miss a step?

So what does the output form "mythfilldatabase" say? Run it
from the commandline and see what happens when it tries to
grab the icons with wget. Chances are that wget is the wrong
version or in a different directory or not installed at all
or doesn't have perms to write to the destination directory,
that sort of thing.

Or the iconmap stuff didn't work correctly. It should have the
full path to each channel icon that it expects to find. You can
check these DB entries with:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> select callsign,icon from channel;
+----------+----------------------------------------------------+
| callsign | icon                                               |
+----------+----------------------------------------------------+
| KCLV     | none                                               |
| KVBC     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/nbc_30.jpg              |
| KVVU     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/fox_30.jpg              |
| KFBT     | none                                               |
| TBSP     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/tbs_30.jpg              |
| KLAS     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/cbs_30.jpg              |
| KLVX     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/pbs_30.jpg              |
| KVWB     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/wb_30.jpg               |
| KTNV     | /home/bjm/.mythtv/channels/abc_30.jpg              |

--  bjm