[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 22 23:50:02 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 15:01, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> > > Earlier in this thread, Christoph Bartelmus suggested that I "Load
> > > lirc_i2c in debug mode and check in the logs whether key codes are
> > > received by the module."
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to do that... waiting for a reply from him. If
> > > anybody else knows how, that'd be grand.
> >
> > I *think* you just need to add a line to modprobe.conf: "options lirc_i2c
> > debug=1", unload and reload the module, then try irw. You should get a
> > bunch of stuff logged in /var/log/messages for the lirc_i2c module.
>
> Hmm... just tried this. Nothing new shows up in /vor/log/messages.

Dunno if that's good or bad, or if I even gave you the right instructions. :-)

> > > As it stands now, irw just sits there and doesn't show any signs that
> > > I'm pressing buttons.
> >
> > Not good. I thought others having problems were at least getting feedback
> > from irw. Do you register any button presses with irrecord?
>
> Just tried this. irrecord doesn't recognize the button presses either.
>
> [root at myth mythtv]# irrecord /tmp/file
>
> Hold down an arbitrary button.
> irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

Very not good. Dead batteries in the remote? Receiver not plugged in all the
way? If you have a Windows machine, you might double-check that things work
there... If the modules are loading, the receiver is plugged in and your
batteries are okay, you should definitely be getting at least something
w/irrecord

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com