[mythtv-users] mplayer DVD playback soft audio...

Josh Dalcher mythtv2 at dalcher.com
Mon Nov 22 22:14:03 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,
I recently did a rebuild of my MythTV system on Fedora Core 2.  During this rebuild, I installed a Samsung DVD player so I could give MythDVD a crack.  I've spent much of this morning attempting to get mplayer to play the DVD back properly.

I'm using an SBLive Value, and I'm not using the SPDIF port.  I am passing mplayer -vo xv -channels 2 in an attempt to get it to play out my PC speakers that I have hooked up to the Myth Box.

The video playback is great, however the audio playback is very soft, and the voice track is nearly inaudable.  Could someone please give me some help with what settings I need in order to make this work properly?  Please either respond here or via email at josh at dalcher.com or mythtv2 at dalcher.com with any assistance, and it will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Josh