[mythtv-users] When does nvram-wakeup run?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:20:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:59:30 +0000, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Idle timeout: mines set at 50 (this is the time myth will wait for
> while doing nothing before it shutsdown)
>
> Max wait for recording: mines set at 15 (means myth wont shutdown if
> another recording is scheduled within the next 15mins
>
> Startup before record: mines set at 120 (gives at least
> 2mins to boot up before a recording)
>
> Wakeup time format:
> time_t
>
> Set wakeuptime command:
> sudo /usr/local/bin/nvram-wakeup -s $time
>
> Server halt command:
> sudo /sbin/shutdown -h 0
>
> Pre Shutdown check-command:
> exit 0
>
> Your probably missing the pre shutdown check command.
> nvram-wakeup is run by myth just before it shutsdown the machine.

Ash,

Well, that works - for half of it. My myth box can now shut itself down.

It still doesn't properly set the wakeup time, which is really odd
since it works when I run nvram-wakeup manually....

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003