[mythtv-users] Hardware Encoding

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Nov 22 20:38:43 UTC 2004

 	OK I'll bite.  What you probably want doesn't exist for less than
a few kilobucks... like more than 10.  Encoding analog HDTV streams is too
computationally expensive (MPEG4 or MPEG2) for a consumer item right now.
For SDTV, PVR-250 will do it.  For *already encoded* HDTV streams
(off-the-air in fact), it's a pcHDTV card.  Other than that, you're SOL.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*