[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on a laptop

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:43:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:54:43 -0500, Bill Chmura <bill at explosivo.com> wrote:

> You could transfer the files and then use mplayer...
>
> Or can you dump them into a video directory and use mythvideo to watch them?
> Not sure on that one, but it sounds good :)

I'm assuming that the problem is that the laptop isn't running mythbackend.

If so, then afaik the options would be to copy the files to the laptop, then:

A) run mythbackend on the laptop when it's disconnected. If you do
this, you could use nuvexport on your original backend to export the
nuv & sql files for the relevant shows. Then copy the files to the
laptop, import the sql and nuv files (see the mailing list archives
for how to do this) then run mythbackend and mythfrontend.

B) copy the files to the laptop, then open them with mplayer. If you
do this, then an easy way to handle things would be to have an icon on
the desktop to open the movies folder, then have KDE set to launch
mplayer when you double-click on a movie file.

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003