[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

dbakker at arrayasolutions.com dbakker at arrayasolutions.com
Mon Nov 22 19:44:37 UTC 2004

Whats not working? If you get lircd to load you could run irw to see if
its seeing any codes. Do you have the right lircd.conf file? You should be
able to modprobe lirc_i2c and start lircd with "lircd". What symptoms are
you seeing?

-David

Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
11/22/2004 02:26 PM
Please respond to
Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com>; Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Desmond Sultana <evilphantom at rogers.com>
cc
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

MythTV
> > [...]
> >
> > Load lirc_i2c in debug mode and check in the logs whether key codes
are
> > received by the module.
> >
> > Christoph
>
> I know this is basic, but how would I do that?

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:08:28 -0500, Desmond Sultana
<evilphantom at rogers.com> wrote:
> Check Wilson's guide at: http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#lirc
> Its all in there.  I used this and had no problems with my setup.

Desmond,

I appreciate the pointer.

As I said, I have already been using Jarod's guide. Also, after
following it, I am still having no luck getting lirc to work properly.

If you do have lirc working with a Haupauge WinTV PVR-250 and the
accompanying grey remote, I would be much obliged if you could post
the settings that you use: lirc version, your /etc/modprobe.conf file,
and the commands that you use to load lirc modules and to start lircd.

Thanks,
Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003