[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Nov 22 13:40:19 UTC 2004

On 11/20/2004 8:19 PM, John Goerzen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to make my PVR-250 and pcHDTV 3000 card both work.
>
>I've god the pchdtv driver working, and I've had ivtv working for ages.
>
>But I can't seem to get things to a place where they both work.  ivtv
>oopses when I load it after pchdtv, and if I load it before pchdtv's
>modules (but after having just installed them), my system hangs due to a
>dma problem with hda (how ivtv manages to interfere with my hard disk is
>an open question!)
>
>I've got 2.6.7 and have tried several different ivtv versions, no go.
>If I remove the pchdtv drivers from the system entirely, everything is
>again fine.
>
>What is known to work here?

As soon as my HD3000 comes in, I'll be able to take a look at it.  I
will be seeing what is involved in getting the HD2000, HD3000 and two
PVR-250 working together in the same box.  Why not a slave backend for
the HD3000 you ask?  Because I don't have another machine laying around
and my electric bill is already high enough :-) .

I am hoping it will come soon, I ordered it two weeks ago.

--
David