[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pauses (*sigh*)

mythtv at heisterberg.dk mythtv at heisterberg.dk
Sun Nov 21 14:53:00 UTC 2004

Please search the list archive - you should look for entries on how to set
the pci card priorities (using setpci).

I have a Pundit as well and have had very good experience after setting
the latency_timer to
* 40 for the video capture card
* b0 for the graphics card
* b0 for the audio device

Please note that the above values are in hex.

/lekkim

Dennis Oelkers <dennis at lauschmusik.de>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
21-11-2004 13:28
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pauses (*sigh*)

Hello list,

I guess this is a topic which pops up on the list every now and then,
but it is the last thing
that disturbs my tv experience using mythtv. :)

On my newly built MythTV-box everything seems to run fine, besides the
fact that I get
prebuffering pauses when watching live tv _or_ recordings every minute
(min/max interval
is 30s/2mins), which is quite annoying.

- The hdd has DMA enabled, so that's not the cause.

- The hardware seems to be rather oversized than undersized (P4 2.4ghz
(prescott), 512mb
ram, samsung 160gb sata drive, a bt878 (*yuck*), all in a pundit r (->
radeon 9100 igp
running with the stock xorg 6.7.0 drivers, not the ati ones)).

Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Kind regards,
             Dennis Oelkers