[mythtv-users] fedora core 3 x86_64 notes

stewart stewart at flybaker.com
Sun Nov 21 04:13:55 UTC 2004

Further update:
   -tried to install ivtv from atrpms.net.  Didn't work:
#yum install kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.9-1.667.x86_64
gives:
Error: missing dep:
/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.667/updates/drivers/media/video/msp3400.ko for pkg
kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.9-1.667

This machine is an athlon64 2800+.  Running with video input from a
hauppauge tv-radio
card, and no filters gives 95-97% CPU utilization.  The video is set to
be 480x480, varying
bitrates ~4000.  512MB RAM.  I think this is kind of high for CPU.  Any
ideas for
how to optimize this so I can get the CPU down?  It occaisionally drops
frames.

Thanks
stewart at flybaker.com