[mythtv-users] myth ppc

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Nov 21 03:27:02 UTC 2004

On Saturday 20 November 2004 07:29 pm, Derek Anderson wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i'm trying to get mythfrontend running on my (linux ppc) ibook.  gentoo
> compiled v16 great, but i get the following every time it tries to
> display video:
<snip>
> "Corrupt file.  Bad extended frame." appears in the listserv search
> once, last feb., relating to v13.  but no details as to the problem or
> the fix.
>
> btw, i am connecting to an x86 myth backend.
>
> anyone else run into this before?

No, but I'd say you need to massage settings.pro a bit to enable some of the
OS X defines...  Specifically, you need at least the WORDS_BIGENDIAN define
there, and maybe some others.  This _will_ require upgrading everything to
CVS, because the patch that enabled the byteswapping of the stream on reads
didn't go in until after 0.16.

Isaac