[mythtv-users] HDTV decoding performance

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 19 21:06:48 UTC 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 19:58, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> Well, whilst my original question about AC3 preservation during transcoding
> wasn't answered, I have had some interesting experiences after downloading
> the 0.16 source tarball and compiling it up with athlon-specific flags (I'd
> previously installed MythTV via AT-RPMS). Using -march=athlon-xp
> -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx yielded improved speeds (HDTV watching with about
> 50% utilisation) but a curious bug whereby only the top left-hand corner of
> the program was visible. I did remember that there was some setup stuff to
> deal with this, but was unable to find it.

This is actually completely unrelated to the changes you made, its an issues
with Myth's xrandr support. I've seen it with both rpms and source-based
installs, as have others. It occasionally happens when the first thing you
watch after starting X is ATSC-sized. Restart X, enter an NTSC-sized program,
exit the program, then try your HD stuff, and all should be well from there
out.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com