[mythtv-users] New HD3000 drivers

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Thu Nov 18 16:48:22 UTC 2004

New drivers have been released for the HD-3000 card.  Some cards took
slightly longer to initialize and the driver tried to communicate before
it was ready.  The new HD-3000 driver fixes this problem.  If you had
problems with the card before, it should be fine now.

In the next week or two there will be yet another driver release that
will have improved 64 bit and MP support.  The buffer will also be
doubled and we should see the Buffer Overrun errors pretty much vanish.

For those who want to follow driver development, I will be setting up a
site on freedesktop.org once their server comes back online.  I'll post
the information here along with the maillist to join if you are
interested in following or helping driver work.  One improvement I'm
personally looking forward to is right now we send the full 45Mb stream
over the PCI bus.  When you have 2-3 cards and are saving these streams
to disk that adds up quickly, and this is partially responsible poorer
playback on amd based systems.  Another goal will be to get the driver
accepted into the kernel.

--Brandon