[mythtv-users] MythVideo, multiple source directories?

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 16:46:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:11:01 -0800, Justin Tan wrote:
> I want to add more space to my MythTV Box, so I have an extra IDE
> Drive lying around that i'm gonna stick in.  I want this to be my
> video archive drive. I don't have logical volumes setup on my linux
> (Gentoo).  How would I get MythVideo to point to both folders on this
> drive and on my primary drive?  Can I make links from the main folder
> to videos on the secondary drive?  I tried symbolic links and they
> don't seem to work, how about hard links?
>
> Thanks!
> -j

I wanted to do something similar.  Here's the thread that I started
which got me on my way.  I'm not successfully watching videos from
multiple machines, multiple folders.  It works very well (except when
the remote machines are down ;))

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/76911?#76911

Geoff