[mythtv-users] hd2000/hd3000 Configurations

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:31:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:40:21 -0500, David Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> > I've seen a few posts from people asking about
> > recommondations for HD setup and capture.  I'd like to > propose a central place for people to record thier
> > findings with various harware/cpu/etc configurations.
> > In the IVTV Wiki, there's a table that serves a similar
> > purpose for the various IVTV drivers:
> >http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=UserExperiences>
> >
> > I've setup a table in the Myth Wiki for HDTV results:
> >http://icarus.chaosengine.net/twiki/bin/view/Mythtv/HDTVUserExperiences
> >
> >Hopefully this will give people (like myself) a place to find info
> without posting
> > the same question 100 times.
> >
> >Feel free to add/remove columns, this was just what >came to mind!
> >
> >Thanks
> >Dave
>
> Hi -
> I posted the above awhile back, but didn't get any responses (bad
> timing maybe?).
> This seemed like a good idea (IMHO)....
>
> I won't beat a dead horse if no one responds this time.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Well, you sure got my attention by putting HD3000
in the subject line.  I have two HD-3000 cards, still
in the boxes, because I have had no luck in getting
them to work.  (Yes, I did take them out of the boxes
and put them in a mythtv box.  Then, back in the boxes.)

But I don't know what you are telling us, announcing, or what.

Could you give an example of how this might be used?
How would someone enter an experience, how would
someone go looking for an experience?

I can hardly wait until I find someone, ANYone, who has
successfully installed an HD-3000 card on Fedora Core 2
with an existing PVR-350 card.  (I'm not holding my breath.)

Eventually, when time runs out waiting for someone else to
get an HD-3000 to work, I will build a brand new system from
scratch with only HD-3000 cards in it.  Will whatever you have
announced be helpful to me then?  It sounds like it might be,
but I can't tell for sure from your announcement.

Thanks for any further details you might want to give.

--
MM