[mythtv-users] UK & NTL set topt box

Malcolm Smith malc at porsche.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 14:37:04 UTC 2004

Robert Coppinger wrote:

> Has anyone built one of these PVRs for use with UK, British,
> television and do they know of anyone who has made it work with NTL
> set top boxes? I'd be interested in building one but only if I knew it
> could link up with my cable.
>
> Rob.

Yep,

I have a Pundit hooked up to
 1. PVR 250 connected using composite to NTL
 2. Nova -T connected to DVB-T via the airwaves

The NTL setup is as follows

Video and audio are connected from the scart on the NTL box. I use a red_eye

www.red_eye.co.uk

to simulate the remote control. Works reliably... would be nice to use a
serial lead or whatever... but NTL don't play that game.... As you will
have already worked out there is no sky+ box for NTL so this is almost
the only option (given Tivo is no longer available)

-malc-