[mythtv-users] First Myth TV box

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 05:40:14 UTC 2004

I presume by master/slave you mean mythbackend/mythfrontend? I think
master/slave refers to something else in MythTV (possibly having multiple
backends?). If so, see my answers below.

>Couple questions:
>Now what I haven't figured out is where it'd be better to put the
>Hauppauge PVR-250. Should it go in the slave or master? From what I've
>read seems like it can go either.

Put it in the backend so it can record once and have the recordings viewed
by multiple frontends. That also means that you can leave the backtend
running & recording shows 24x7 somewhere where fan noise isn't an issue and
only turn on your frontend when you want to do somew viewing.

>Besides outputting the audio thru speakers, has anyone ever fed it back
>in through the tv?

I have attached my MythTV box directly to the TV by connecting the line out
from the sound card to the RCA inputs of the TV. It works fine (though I'll
probably end up putting it through my AV Receiver for better quality - just
haven't done it yet).