[mythtv-users] Videos play twice

Jon Hoyt samika at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 18 05:25:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:30:24 -0500, Joshua M. Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 15:41 -0800, jack wrote:
>>  Interesting, I get the same thing but with xine. So I know it's not
>> xine or
>>  mplayers fault now. I did look briefly through my database settings to see
>>  if anything stood out that might be causing a problem but nothing did.
>>
>>  It's annoying but obviously not annoying enough for me to have done
>>  something about it yet =p
>
> I had a similar experience in which after nearly every video i watched
> MythTV would then decide to play the very first video in the database.
> After much frustration I finally determined that the bug only occurs if
> the video you are watching is not in the database (because it was added
> since the last time you went into the Video Manager and let it update
> the DB.)

I was under the impression that the database updated automatically
without going into the video manager, but at any rate this is a
different bug then what I'm experiencing.  Some of the AVIs that start
themselves over again have been in my collection for months.  Some I've
had since 0.15 (when I don't believe this problem ever occurred).