[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv-suite?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 17 07:48:45 UTC 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 09:20, Greg Cope wrote:

>> Myth got rebuilt for all distros after a spec file change to account
>> for
>> optflags in FC3 that don't play nice with Myth (-mtune=pentium4) and
>> gcc 3.4.
>> No significant changes from the prior build beyond that, I believe.
>
> Jarod,
>
> Do you have FC3 working with ATrpms?

Do you mean in the general sense, or in the Myth-specific sense? My
only completely-FC3 box right now only has a CVS build on it at
present. I hope to have more time to play this upcoming weekend...

> I was thinking about upgrading as FC3 may solve my remote blanking
> issue as it uses a different Xorg version.

Two of my FC2-based boxes are halfway to FC3 already, including my main
viewing box hooked to my HDTV. The Xorg 6.8.1 rpms for FC3 update an
FC2 box just fine, so simply point at some FC3 sources with apt or yum
and you can bump to Xorg without going to FC3 completely.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...