[mythtv-users] force mythfilldatabase to update existing guide data?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Nov 17 02:43:02 UTC 2004

Paulo Fraser wrote:
> Channels updated..  Updating programs...
> Data is already present for Mon Nov 15 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Wed Nov 17 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Thu Nov 18 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Fri Nov 19 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Sat Nov 20 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Sun Nov 21 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Mon Nov 22 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Tue Nov 23 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Wed Nov 24 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Thu Nov 25 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Fri Nov 26 2004, skipping
> Data is already present for Sat Nov 27 2004, skipping
> Fetching data for Sun Nov 28 2004

Note that Nov 16 isn't included above...

> The problem is that some of the data for Thu Nov 18 is wrong.
> Specifically the time for the show "Long Way Round" on Bravo, Myth
> thinks it's on at 10pm it's actually on at 8pm.  I think that if I
> could just have mythfilldatabase update the existing data it would
> fix the guide.

It always updates the data for 'tomorrow' and adds any new days
at the end. The data for the 18th will be updated the first time
mythfilldatabase is run on the 17th. This way the data is fresh
by the time it records but it doesn't need to grab all days
every day.

> Does anyone know how to make mythfilldatabase update existing guide data?

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> delete from program;
mysql> quit
$ mythfilldatabase