[mythtv-users] OT HD-3000 RAW?

Dan Lanciani ddl5 at danlan.com
Wed Nov 17 00:42:22 UTC 2004

Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:

|> I didn't ask for ucode source, just for programming information (other
|> than the driver "source") for the HD-2000.  I was hoping that they could
|> at least provide register-level documentation for the card+firmware as a
|> unit, but perhaps their binary-only ucode agreements precludes this as well.
|
| 	I didn't even know about the ucode part of it when I asked.  Makes
|sense, though, even if it does preclude much tinkering.  What kind of a
|response did you get, "Go away, kid, you bother me?"  :)

I didn't get any response at all.

|> Of course, for all I know those agreements may require the ucode to be
|> broadcast-flag-ready...
|
| 	If it does there's going to be a lot of pissed hd[23]000
|owners/users... me for one after I get around to buying one.

Perhaps, and I think there are already some folks pretty annoyed that
the HD-2000 was dropped so quickly.  But as far as I know the pcHDTV
people have never made any promise that their products would *not*
be susceptible to whatever changes will accompany the broadcast flag.
It's always been the EFF making the assertion that pre-7/1/2005 tuners
would continue to work and pointing to the pcHDTV site.  Since (based
on what the vendors are saying) this premise is not true for other
kinds of ATSC tuners (e.g., set top boxes) I'm beginning to wonder...

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com