[mythtv-users] question for people using mythgame

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:06:01 UTC 2004

I raised this question a month and a half ago and dropped it because i
got frustrated and couldn't get it working.  I tried multiple things
that I found on google but havent had any luck getting my logitech
dual action controller working or for that matter being recognized.

I am running Fedora core 2 with a 2.6.8-1.521 kernel.  I don't know
anything about gameports (or what they are) or anything about gaming
under linux.  My wife wants to play all the old mario and zelda games
on fceultra and has been on my case to get it working so I figured I
should ask you guys to get the ball rolling.  I don't know which
outputs you guys need to look at to help me out so just ask and I will
post.  I am able to play fine my snes9x games through mythgame and can
play them using my keyboard, but we all know how annoying it is to
play a game with a keyboard.  If anyone can walk me from start to
finish on how to get this working I would really appreciate it.  I
believe that I modprobed everything that is needed and I believe
everything that is needed has been compiled into the kernel, but I am
usually wrong.  From what i heard in most posts is that all I would
need to do is modprobe joydev, but that hasn't done it for me.  I
qjoypad, or something like that, but it isn't detected any input
controllers.

Please help,
thanks in advance,
Evan