[mythtv-users] Tuning driving me bonkers.

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Tue Nov 16 20:29:10 UTC 2004

This is driving me bonkers.

I init my card with

/usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0xff

Then i fire up MythTV and chose "watch TV", and i am rewarded with a nice feed from my SVIDEO input on my PVR-350.
I change input to tuner, and now i see snow.

Fair enough, i fire up ptune and

[root at mythbox root]# /usr/lib/ivtv/ptune.pl --freqtable pal-europe -F 17525 --debug
Debug = '1'
FrequencyTable = 'pal-europe'
Frequency = '17525'
Frequency: 17525 280.4
[root at mythbox root]#

The pattern of the snow changes, and i can se something which looks like a pattern.

Now, that channel should be channel VHF05 where my provider has a constant test program running.

Well, if i tune my TV to VHF05, it works great, and if i boot the bot to Windows and fire up the windows software, i also see the image perfectly. What on earth am i doing wrong here?