[mythtv-users] Congress to Make Commercial Skipping Illegal

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 16 16:15:36 UTC 2004

Lane Schwartz wrote:

>Skipping parts of the show is OK if and only if,
>
>(3) the maker or distributor of the program (or device) puts a
>"provides a clear and conspicuous notice" at the beginning of the show
>that the program has been altered from its original form

We can do that. Every time you start a recording myth prints a message
on the OSD, such as "This feed may be altered with respect to the
original recording".
Next, we make an option: "Suppress alteration warning (use ONLY if you
do NOT live in the U.S.A.)"

Care to guess how many people have that option switched off?