[mythtv-users] Re: nuv export speed

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Nov 16 12:19:25 UTC 2004

Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

>>My sempron 2400+ is apparently pretty close to your XP 2000+, and I get 7fps.  No denoising BUT I do use the crop feature.
>>

>Are you using option 5 (Export to VCD)?  I've never seen choices on
>resolution size, mp3 bitrate, or cropping. If I choose "Export to SVCD"
>then it gives some of these options.  When I use K3B to burn a video CD
>from my exported files, it says that it is 352x240 MPEG1.

I'm using the latest Nov 2 version from
http://www.forevermore.net/files/. It has a new "multiple select" option
where you can select a few episodes/shows to export at once.  There are
no options for sound or resolution (it's VCD standard) but it asks if
you want to use the cutlist, if you want multi-pass (no), denoising (no)
and crop borders (yes).

>Just for grins, I tried different "export" options on the exact same

I tried to walk through the code to see what it was doing, but I got a
little lost - it's very modularized but it's starting a dozen different
processes with a billion different command-line options.  (This is why
we really need nuvexport!!!)  It's using mythtranscode, which I presume
calls transcode... and I'm not sure if it's using ffmpeg or mpeg2enc.
ffmpeg on the web claims to be able to do real-time encoding.

Chris?  Any insights?