[mythtv-users] A reliable workaround for G400+RRG problems

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 15 16:16:46 UTC 2004

I've posted about this before, but at last I've found a reliable way to make
mythtv use the correct input and properly tune my Matrox G400 + Rainbow
Runner G tuner.

(1) Boot the computer
(2) Record using lavrec (found in mjpegtools)
(3) Fire up xawtv, then change the channel
(4) echo 'color_key_rgb 1 1 254' > /proc/mgavideo/mga0/bes

If I skip step 2, mythtv won't be able to find input "Television" on card.
If I skip step 3, mythtv will always record the channel I used with lavrec.
If I skip step 4, I'll get a black or blue recording.

I wish I didn't have to do this sort of thing, but I can reliably use it now.

Mark