[mythtv-users] Re: Quality of Capture of HDTV satellite

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:35:40 UTC 2004

The tuner that is builkt in to the PVR-250 is a cable tuner, it won't
tune any satellite system. You will certainly need the HD receiver in
between. You should take the svideo out and hook it to the PVRs svideo
in. You'll need to also find a way to get LIRC to change the channels
on your set-top box.

While I know that all of this is necessary, I am wondering if anyone
can tell me if there is any point? Will the HDTV captured shows be
better quality than cable? How will it handle aspect ratio changes?

Anyone?