[mythtv-users] Problem after attempting CVS, everything is broken!

Josh Dalcher mythtv2 at dalcher.com
Sun Nov 14 23:01:58 UTC 2004

An update on my situation:
I have restored my mythtv-suite to the current 0.16 rpm build.  This resolved the undefined symbol problem that I was having before.

I have also followed Jarod's Guide for Fedora Core 1 to update my kernel version as well as ivtv stuff to match the new kernel.  I am still met with /dev/dsp: Permission Denied errors when attempting to watch recordings.  I made sure artsd is not running.

All ivtv tests using Jarod's Guide worked properly with sound.

I am also still having the problem that my unchanged XF86Config file still won't make X display through my TV.  I confirmed that my PVR-350 settings remained the same through all of these changes.  I am now seeing a black screen with a white cursor flashing in the middle.

Any help getting these lingering issues resolved would be appreciated, if you need to see any of my configurations, just say so.  I have attached my XF86Config file, which has the proper settings for my Hauppauge card.

Josh

BEGIN XF86Config

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier "Default Layout"

Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0

InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"

EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name of the

# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally

# no need to change the default.

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)

# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of

# the X server to render fonts.

RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

FontPath "unix/:7100"

EndSection

Section "Module"

Load "dbe"

Load "extmod"

Load "fbdevhw"

Load "glx"

Load "record"

Load "freetype"

Load "type1"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))

# Option "Xleds" "1 2 3"

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.

# Option "XkbDisable"

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the

# lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.

# keyboard, you will probably want to use:

# Option "XkbModel" "pc102"

# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:

# Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"

#

# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.

# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:

# Option "XkbLayout" "de"

# or:

# Option "XkbLayout" "de"

# Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"

#

# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and

# control keys, use:

# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"

# Or if you just want both to be control, use:

# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"

#

Identifier "Keyboard0"

Driver "keyboard"

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"

Option "XkbModel" "pc105"

Option "XkbLayout" "us"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Mouse0"

Driver "mouse"

Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then

# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you

# also use USB mice at the same time.

Identifier "DevInputMice"

Driver "mouse"

Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "NTSC Monitor"

HorizSync 30-68

VertRefresh 50-120

Mode "720x480"

# D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz

DotClock 34.564

HTimings 720 752 840 928

VTimings 480 484 488 504

Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"

EndMode

EndSection

Section "Device"

Identifier "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"

Driver "fbdev"

### change fb0 to whatever your card grabbed

Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

### change the BusID to whatever is reported by lspci, specify it as hex.

BusID "0:0x0b:0"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"

Monitor "NTSC Monitor"

DefaultDepth 24

DefaultFbbpp 32

Subsection "Display"