[mythtv-users] Only see one channel

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sun Nov 14 22:48:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 12:47, James Pifer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 09:48, Blues Guy wrote:
> > James Pifer wrote:

> > >Any ideas on this one? I've also removed all the capture card and
> > >channel data in mythtvsetup but still have the same problem.
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >James
> > >

> > Did you bind the tuner input to the provider data in mythtvsetup on your
> > backend?  http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1
> > Step 4 - Input Connections.
> >
> > If you didn't do this, you'll only get the channel that the tuner
> > default to.
> >
> > Greg
>
> Yes, the tuner is bound in Input connections to both tuners (350 and
> 250). I can also see all the channels on mythweb and if I view the
> guide. I just can't watch anything but the one channel, and I get the
> QDateTime error on the frontend when I try to change channels.
>
> Thanks,
> James

One more thing. If I try to change channels, say to 14, I can hit 1 and
they try to hit 4, but it does them separately. So it won't even let me
enter 14.

I have tried going through mythtvsetup and removing the tuner cards and
channel information and then set them both up. I still have the same
results.

If I do this:
mysql mythconverg -e "select chanid,channum,freqid,name,xmltvid from
channel;" I get the channels listed that I would expect.

Thanks,
James