[mythtv-users] PVR350 and PAL?

Claus M. Christiansen a at skjern-net.dk
Sun Nov 14 19:12:56 UTC 2004

j2 wrote:

> How do i set the PVR350 Video out to pal? I would like to use PAL, i
> have a 16:9 TV and i would like to use S-Video, what should i do?
> Ok, i probably should ask on the ivtv list, but i have a feeling that
> someone on this list has done this before?
>
> I have
>
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> options ivtv ivtv_std=2
> options saa7127 pal=1 output_select=1
> options tuner pal=1
> install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
> #install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c
>
> But i get the following

First of all.. If you are using one of the later driver then all you
need in your .conf is
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

and of course the line that does the actual modprobe'ing.

To set the output of the PVR try using ivtvctl specifically these options:
  -N, --list-outputs display video outputs [VIDIOC_ENUMOUTPUT]
  -L, --get-output   query the current video output [VIDIOC_G_OUTPUT]
  -l, --set-output=<num>

S-Video _should_ be output nr. 2 so to set using S-Video type
  ivtvctl -l 2
and give it another go.

The ivtv driver should detect that you are using PAL but in case it
doesn't try ivtvctl -u 0xff.

Hope it helps...

Claus