[mythtv-users] Problem after attempting CVS, everything is broken!

Josh Dalcher mythtv2 at dalcher.com
Sun Nov 14 18:56:41 UTC 2004

I made my first attempt at CVS by following the instructions here: http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo.  My system was originally set up by using Jarod's Guide.

I am running Fedora Core 1, and I was attempting to fix a problem with my Edit mode.  The make, make install, and all of the copy commands for the CVS MythTV went fine, but after I restarted I noticed problems: most noteably my system would not start up X through the TV like it always had!

After it was apparent to me that things were not acting properly, I followed the instructions on the HowTo that said to run to restore the release version of Myth: apt-get --reinstall install mythtv-suite.

It appears now that my backend won't start as a daemon (or at all), when I attempt to start it manually I get
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed
mythbackend: relocation error: mythbackend: undefined symbol:
_ZN11MythContextC1ERK7QStringbb

My frontend gives the following problems:
mythfrontend
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed
mythfrontend: relocation error: mythfrontend: undefined symbol:
_ZN11MythContextC1ERK7QStringbb

In addition to all of this, my system no longer runs X through the TV out, and I did nothing to my configuration files!  I can still run the ivtv tests from Jarods Guide successfully, but I'm really stuck at how to begin to restore my setup.

I really don't want to have to wipe the installation, as I have about three months of recordings on this thing that I would prefer not to lose.  Any help would be appreciaited!

Josh