[mythtv-users] Successful Results, EPG speedup with MySQL 4 and query cache

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 16:32:42 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Just wanted to provide a report of successful result.  Awhile back
somebody posted a suggestion to use the query cache on mysql 4 to
improve EPG responsiveness.  Think it was Ed Wildgoose.

Anyway, it took about an hour to do the upgrade from mysql 3 to 4.1.
I used the instructions provided here:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql/

worked like a charm.  I then set enable_query_cache=1 and
query_cache_size=4000000 in /etc/my.conf.  The results were great.
Really improved the responsiveness of the EPG.

Much happier now.

Hope this helps somebody.

JF