[mythtv-users] HDTV and 2.6.9

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sun Nov 14 02:26:22 UTC 2004

"john roberts" <homepagez at lycos.com> writes:

> I've been kicking around the idea of moving to 2.6.9 (I'm at 2.6.7 now).
>
> I'm a pcHDTV user also... would you recommend this upgrade?

Not clear.  It doesn't solve my one remaining issue (intel8x0 S/PDIF
sound cutting out every so often), so it probably isn't worth
upgrading if there isn't a specific fix you're looking for.

FWIW, what I *really* want to try is the realtime patches that will
enable me to set FIFO priorities on hardware IRQ handlers
(specifically, for the audio IRQ in case it's latency causing the
occasional drop-out); unfortunately, Ingo's 2.6.9 realtime patch is
very unstable on my system, and I can't go with 2.6.10-rc? because
most of my external modules are source-incompatible with it.

Cheers,
Kyle