[mythtv-users] [OT]: Over-the-air satellite and Mythtv?

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:57:00 UTC 2004

What do you mean by over the air satellite?  (I mean, all sat signals
are technically OTA, but OTA is usually used to refer to local
broadcasts)

Do you mean Free-to-air (FTA?)

If you're talking about a C-band/Ku-band system rather than a directv
or the like, I can tell you that from what I've read, *many* of the
free broadcasts are DVB.  Notice I said many, not all.  If you google
around a bit, you can find out what exactly is being broadcasted in
what format pretty easily.

-Nate