[mythtv-users] Problem following Jarods Guide.

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Sat Nov 13 16:12:28 UTC 2004

Success!

I got my PVR-350 working.. I had done three things wrong.

1. (most stupid) i had forgotten the following: Or rather, for some reason i got it in my head that this came AFTER the test capture.
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0xff
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=576

2. I had to use ivtvctl -p 0 (what is port 4? For that matter, where can i find "whats what" on the PVR350?)

3. Cabling. Stupid here thought that the cables included with the PVR350 where _input_ cables.. But they were output cables. So, after doing 1 and 2 and rewiring a bit, i now did the cat /dev/video0 > file and voila, i got what was on the SVIDEO input.

Neat. Now to try to get the REST working.

I still love the guide tho!

So, now i have:

Pundit-R
Working TV-Out from the Onboard Video
Working Capture from the PVR-350

A slightly jealous comrade who thinks the software shipped with the PVR is crap compared to MythTV (he bought a PVR150 for his system) :)

Now to socialize with fiancee, back the mythbox up, and continue on my travels :)