[mythtv-users] MythTV V0.16 and lirc-0.7.0

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sat Nov 13 15:21:19 UTC 2004

Am Freitag, 12. November 2004 23:36 schrieb Kevin Kuphal:
> Matthias Meyer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >After many days of try and error, read and try and read again I have a
> >running lirc.
> >Have I a running lirc?
> >No.
> >
> >I have download lirc-0.7.0.tar.bz2, unpack make and install it.
> >I configure it for my PVR350.
> >I start irw, press a key on the remote and see the equilvalent code.
> >But if I stop irw and start mythtv the remote do not work.
> >
> >Is there someting else to configure?
>
> Did you put the LIRC configuration into the MythTV LIRC file in
> ~/.mythtv/lircrc?
>
> Kevin
No, as I write the first message. But in the meantime I do that.
I copy configfiles/hauppauge-lircrc-nativelirc file into my .mythtv/
directory and call it lircrc.
But it do not work. Is there something else to do?

I use the binary Debian packages:
vdr:~# dpkg --list | grep myth
ii  libmyth-0.16   0.16-1         Common library code for MythTV and add-on
mo
ii  mythtv         0.16-1         A personal video recorder application
(clien
ii  mythtv-backend 0.16-1         A personal video recorder application
(serve
ii  mythtv-common  0.16-1         A personal video recorder application
(commo
ii  mythtv-databas 0.16-1         A personal video recorder application
(datab
ii  mythtv-fronten 0.16-1         A personal video recorder application
(clien
ii  mythweb        0.16-2         Web interface add-on module for MythTV

Is it import to recompile it from source?

Thanks
--
no panic