[mythtv-users] Problem following Jarods Guide.

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 13 00:39:06 UTC 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 16:19, j2 wrote:
> >I wouldn't recommend trying to get a stable system running the 0.3 branch.
> >Stick to either a 0.2rc or ck100zz to start out.
>
> Okay, but i think i followed your guide. Changed to testing in apt, and
> installed? What should i try?

Remove all the ivtv stuff you have right now:

# rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep ivtv`
(back-ticks, not single-quotes)

Edit sources.list to only use at-stable, then apt-get install
kernel-module-ivtv-`uname -r`, apt-get install ivtv. Should get you something
more stable than 0.3.

Saw your modprobe.conf in another response, very odd behavior you're getting
with auto-detection... (the SECAM and NTSC stuff shouldn't be showing up w/a
PAL card). I'm hoping the back-off to a different version might fix that.

> Thanks! (Love your guide tho!)

:-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE