[mythtv-users] Undefined symbol error when running CVS

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 12 22:35:23 UTC 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 13:30, Jason wrote:
> Woa...I didn't expect to start a flamewar!

I apologize for my role in that. I've had a bad week. :-)

> I did remove any of the myth components after I did apt-get uninstall
> mythtv and got a fresh copy of the CVS and began compiling. I wanted to
> make sure that everything went smoothly, so I compiled all the libs one
> at a time. making both libs/libavcodec, libs/libavformat completed
> without errors, but when compiling /libs/libmyth I got the following
> error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmythsamplerate-0.16
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [libmyth-0.16.so.0.16.0] Error 1
>
> I couldn't find anything in either the user or dev mailing lists that
> make any mention of mythsamplerate.

Recent addition to CVS. Its all there in the checkout I just did.

> I appreciate all of the help I am
> getting here.

If you've got all those rpms removed, just do the full build, and I believe
everything should take care of itself (works for me). If you want to keep
going a piece at a time, just build the samplerate lib, then continue on.

$ qmake mythtv.pro
$ make qmake
$ make -C libs/libavcodec -j2
$ make -C libs/libavformat -j2