[mythtv-users] 2 mythtv backends

Art Morales bioart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 04:42:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:25:07 -0600, Jesse Perkins
<jesse.perkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have two backends, each have a pvr250 and each record to
> their local disk.  The frontend connects to the master backend (which
> has the database and schedules the recordings) and everything works
> seamlessly.

I have a master be with 2 pvr250's, and one slave be with 1 hd2000
card... both record locally...  since the hdtv files are much larger,
I don't have to worry about running out of space for SD recordings.
Playing back sd on any FE works great (even on my 802.11g laptops)
HDTV is a different issues.  I have some issues with the HD2000, but
I'm getting there...  Recordings appear fine, but playback is not good
yet (basically, I have a write only HDTV pvr... i can record, but not
watch :)

Art