[mythtv-users] ivtv and Hauppauge 250

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Nov 12 03:41:09 UTC 2004

Switching to correct posting method...

>>> I ran into a problem, and are not sure where to go from here.
When I
>>> get to the part in Jarod's guide about testing my PVR 250, my
system
>>> cannot find a video0 (or any other video#) directories.
>>>
>>> On the step where you do /bin/dmesg |grep ivtv, I get the
following
>>> results, which do not include the line that that the guide says we
are
>>> interested in.  I have followed all the steps, and cannot figure
out
>>> why the system does not seem to recognize my PVR 250 card.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> T.Waldren
>>>
>>><snip>
>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:11:14 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON
>><pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
>> Looks exactly like mine when I first set it up.  Have you tried
>> rebooting the backend?  It is definitely recognizing it.
>>
>> What does lspci -v say?
>>
>> Paul
>>

>>> "T. Waldren" <mythtvbox at gmail.com> 11/11/2004 9:34:18 PM >>>
>lspci -v gives me the following about the pvr 250 card
>

>01:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
>(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>

>        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 250
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 9
>        Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
>        Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

Again, looks just great.  If you are getting something like "Can't
allocate memory" or something similar, the only way I got around
it during the 6 times I had the issue last weekend was to reboot.
Then, just pick up right where you left onff in Jaord's guide with the

depmod -a then modprobe ivtv.  You should be fine.

Don't forget to pay attention to the # vs. $.  It is very important
to do stuff as root when appropriate and your myth user.
Otherwise, you might do something as root instead of myth a
screw up permissons of a file or copy something to an incorrect
location.

Paul