[mythtv-users] hdtv card for australia/linux/mythtv

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 02:08:41 UTC 2004

Don't know which cards work and which don't. Others will be able to comment.

DVB is Digital Video Broadcasting and is scheduled to replace all analogue
TV broadcasting in 2008. The picture quality is supposed to be better than
analogue without adjusting your aerial. Broadcasts can be in 2 quality
levels : Standard Definition TV (SDTV) and High Definition (HDTV). There
isn't much HDTV stuff being broadcast at the moment from what I understand.
You might decide you're happy enough with SDTV and probably save yourself a
few bucks.

Regards,
Phill