[mythtv-users] Multiple PVR-250 cards each with different tuner types

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 01:11:12 UTC 2004

David George wrote:

> On 11/11/2004 12:53 PM, Randy Rossi wrote:
>
>> (BTW: Is there an easier way to use multiple cards with different
>> tuner types?  I would appreciate if anyone has a better solution than
>> this hack described below)
>>

> What version of ivtv are you using?  For quite a while the ck versions
> detect the tuner and set it automatically.  I have three different
> PVR-250 and each one's tuner is auto-detected.  Currently I am using
> 0.2.0-rc2h (I think?), but it has been working since at least 99e.

Exactly.  The newer ck ivtv versions autodetect the tuner type.  If
you're using the newer ivtv, remove the tuner setting from your
mod[probe|ules].conf  and let it do its thing... In fact you can clean
up even more and let ivtv force the loading of all the other modules as
well.

See the modules.conf advice near the bottom here
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Oct-2004/msg00585.html